The split-screen feature creates the possibility to use two different app windows at the same time. This feature has been implemented in various newer smartphone models. Following the trend, Samsung also implemented this feature on the Galaxy S21 phones. Some simple steps are required to be able to use this feature on your Galaxy S21 series. So, Here’s how to split screen on Samsung S21 Ultra.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra split screen feature
Designed to increase users’ productivity, Samsung includes the split-screen feature on the Galaxy S21 smartphones. The split-screen feature is used to increase the possibility of multitasking. By splitting the screen into two parts, users will have the ability to open and access two separate apps on one smartphone screen.
This feature can be found on newer Samsung phones. So, it is understandable that some older Samsung phone model users find it difficult to access this feature. So here’s some instructions on how to split screen on Samsung S21.
- Accessing apps in split-screen
To be able to view two separate apps on a split-screen, follow these instructions:
- Open both of the apps that you want to view.
- Press the Menu button, indicated with three vertical line.
- Swipe to see the first app that you desired to see.
- Tap the app and select Open in the split-screen view. Other than that, you can also tap on the Split screen icon, indicated by two small rectangle.
- Find the other app, then tap on it.
- Now, you’ll see both apps on a split-screen.
- Changing the size of the split-screen window
If you want to change the size of the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra split screen, you can follow this instruction
- Tap and hold on the line which separates the split-screen.
- You can now drag the line upward or downward depending on your required window size.
- After you find the right size, release the line.
- Exit the split-screen view
After you finish, you might want to exit the split-screen mode. To exit split-screen mode, you have to:
- On the split-screen display, tap the home button.
- After that, you can tap the close button.
Picture-in-Picture (PiP) feature
The picture-in-Picture feature is similar to the Galaxy S21 split screen. This feature allows you to continue watching a picture or video when viewing other apps at the same time. This feature is handy if you’re watching your favorite video or live stream and don’t want to miss a single second of it. To enable the PiP feature, you just have to follow these instructions.
- Scroll down and select Apps settings.
- Choose which app that you want to enable for the PiP feature.
- Scroll down and select Picture in Picture.
- Enable this feature by pressing the toggle On.
In conclusion, Samsung implemented a split-screen to increase users’ productivity utilizing multitasking. Other than split-screen, a similar feature called Picture in Picture is also implemented by Samsung. While looking similar, PiP is more emphasized on entertainment access if compared to split-screen.
If you find some difficulties while trying to access one of those features. You can follow one of the previously mentioned instructions on how to split screen on the Samsung S21 Ultra.